If you take part in qualitative research such as online video interviews, screen capture, or focus groups, you will be asked to sign a consent form to agree your participation. We will supply you with a copy of this.
For reference, our standard consent statement is published below – please check any terms which are specific to each project.
- I (name) voluntarily agree to participate in this research study.
- I understand that even if I agree to participate now, I can withdraw at any time or refuse to answer any question without any consequences of any kind.
- I understand that I can withdraw permission to use data from my interview/focus group/recording up to and including 14 days after the interview/focus group/recording, in which case the material will be permanently erased.
- I have had the purpose and nature of the study explained to me in writing and I have had the opportunity to ask questions about the study.
- I understand that participation involves
- A brief description of the scope of the research – e.g. “Participation in a moderated group discussion online with up to nine other people”.
- I understand that I will not benefit directly from participating in this research.
- I agree to my interview being audio-recorded / video-recorded.
- I understand that all information I provide for this study will be treated confidentially (see below re. disguised extracts).
- I understand that in any report on the results of this research my identity will remain anonymous.
- I understand that disguised extracts from my interview may be quoted in research publications, reports, and marketing materials.
- I understand that if I inform the researcher that myself or someone else is at risk of harm they may have to report this to the relevant authorities – they will discuss this with me first but may be required to report with or without my permission.
- I understand that signed consent forms and original recordings will be retained in secure UK-based digital storage up to six months after I participate.
- I understand that a transcript of my interview/focus group/recording in which all identifying information has been removed will be retained indefinitely.
- I understand that once my data has been anonymised, it may no longer fall in scope of any future subject access request, or any other GDPR right such as the right to erasure.
- I understand that I am free to contact any of the people involved in administering the research to seek further clarification and information.
You will sign the declaration, which will also be countersigned by a member of the Baker Richards team.