Robin has specialised in using data and digital systems to help transform organisations across numerous sectors for more than two decades.
Robin has held executive leadership positions in and provided strategic consulting to a range of performing arts organisations and visitor attractions in the areas of organisational strategy, marketing, audience development, visitor experience, and operations. He is a trustee of Newcastle’s Live Theatre.
At the Association for Cultural Enterprises, Robin founded the Cultural Enterprises Academy, an online learning environment for people leading and working in commercial and revenue-generating functions across the culture, heritage, visitor attractions and arts sectors in the UK and Europe with more than 5,000 enrolments in its first year.
Previously Robin led digital transformation for organisations including the National Trust, The Royal Society, and the University of Westminster. He was a digital campaigns strategist for a national political party and began his career as a journalist and commissioning editor.
- Arts Professional: How Eurovision has brought me out in a cold sweat (25 April 2023)
- Blooloop: Convious shares pricing consumer study results (28 October 2022)
- Arts Professional: What Is Market Research? (25 May 2022)
- SOLT & UK Theatre partner with Baker Richards to create Evidence Centre: Broadway World / Arts Professional / The Stage (24 May 2022)
- BBC Radio 4: Front Row on seat filling companies and ticketing (from 15m 30s, 29 Mar 2022)
- Financial Times: Cinema Tickets for ‘The Batman’ Take Flight (12 Mar 2022)
- Arts Professional: Emotional resilience is the key skill for 2022 (19 Jan 2022)
- Financial Times: Will Accor put the sparkle back into Parisian cabaret? (15 Dec 2021)
- Arts Professional: Distanced Performances Crucial Over Winter (23 Nov 2021)
- The Stage: Covid safety measures key to winning back cautious audiences – survey (12 Nov 2021)
- Arts Professional: “Rishi isn’t coming to the rescue” (26 Oct 2021)
- Classic FM: Audience confidence rises by nearly 50 percent after attending first post-lockdown concert, study finds (22 Sep 2021)
- The Stage: “Returning audiences report rise in confidence after July 19 – survey” (6 Aug 2021)
- The Stage: “Leaked government report reveals cost of restrictions on live events” (24 Jun 2021)
- The Stage: “Audience confidence knocked by lockdown and new variants, survey suggests” (19 Feb 2021)
- CI to Eye Podcast: What Audiences are Thinking Now (5 Feb 2021)
- Digital Works Podcast: Culture Restart (21 December 2020)
- Auditoria Magazine: The Show Must Go On (November 2020)
- The Stage: “Audiences confident to attend venues but sceptical of rapid testing” (27 Nov 2020)
- Arts Professional: What can – and should – you charge digital audiences? (15 Sep 2020)
- Arts Professional: Non-profit venues lose out under emergency VAT rules (17 Jul 2020)
- Arts Professional: Maintaining Focus in the Eye of the Storm (2 April 2020)
- The Arts and Everything In Between Podcast: Creating an Effective Coronavirus Response (3 April 2020)