About Baker Richards
Baker Richards was founded by Tim Baker and Debbie Richards in 2003. Originally founded as a consulting firm, our focus has always been on helping arts organisations become more financially self-sufficient and adding value for our clients. Our work spans all art-forms, including musicals, opera, orchestras, visual arts, festivals, panto, drama and dance, straddling the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
In 2008 we launched our sister company, The Pricing institute, in the United States, facilitating a global exchange of best practice through our growing team of expert consultants, researchers and analysts, based across the US as well as in Cambridge, UK.
As the commercial practice and needs of organisations changed, we evolved too, with a new emphasis placed on the development of products and tools to help organisations help themselves. In 2010 we introduced the first revenue management software (the RMA) specifically designed for the sector, developed with New York-based technical partner Jacobson Consulting Associates Inc.
Our reputation for high quality products and consulting services, and for delivering a quantifiable return on investment, is the result of our guiding principles:
- We believe in adding value for clients and are proud to have delivered a minimum 200% return on investment through both our strategic consulting and software products.
- We stand for superior quality standards including a rigorous approach and an obsession with detail.
- We work in partnership with our consulting and software clients, combining our experience and expertise with organisational knowledge to test interpretation, exchange ideas and evaluate options.
- We believe in continually challenging ourselves and encouraging intellectual curiosity to grow and develop our products and services.
- We act with integrity – delivering results and keeping our promises.